Wednesday, June 18, 2008


The days seem to be flying by lately - always something going on. Last evening I made a casserole and jello for Brenda to bring to Jen and Jason today. Also sent along a little stuffed plush toy ("Boots") for Mace, who I understand is being a very big girl! Hopefully everyone will be able to go camping this weekend - that might be a nice diversion for her.


Rachel, Dave and Katie will all be home this weekend! We'll be attending Katie Hall's wedding (deja vu, as it will also be held at Dimnent Chapel, with the reception at Alpen Rose). Scott has an art fair, too, on Saturday (in G.R.) so he won't be at the wedding, just the reception. The Hall's had a scare this week, because Dave was hospitalized with a staph infection (in his knee) and had to have emergency surgery to remove it (the staph, not his knee)! His immune system seems to suffer from his diabetes, and something's not quite right with his new kidney, either (the doctor says the problem is not rejection, so that's a very good thing). Anyway, he comes home from the hospital today - their rehearsal is tomorrow, and he will be there to walk his daughter down the aisle - maybe with the help of a cane and Lynne at his side, but he will be there nonetheless, and that's the main thing.


Ally will be happy to see her other loved ones this weekend (they will all be "pee-worthy", I'm sure). I am happy to say that I, myself, have also become pee-worthy - Ally is very glad to see me at the end of the workday and jumps up to give me a kiss. We have had such fun having her - she has quite the personality, that one. So, it's home to Chicago, but she is of course happiest of all with Dave & Rachel (& Katie too, of course).






3 comments:

Carol Sue said...

great picture of Scott and Allie in the sports car. So glad to hear that Dave Hall is coming home from the hospital today and that he will make it to the wedding to walk his daughter down the aisle. You will have e busy weekend with the wedding and seeing the kids...how fun!!!!
Now how about some kudos on the fact that I learned how to post a few pictures on my blog

Carol Sue said...

PS.....
How about those Tigers and Celtics???!!!!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see my baby girl. I miss that dog so much!!