Thursday, November 6, 2008

What a Lovely Day!


What beautiful weather we're having! I'm enjoying the Indian Summer. I have put out my cute little Thanksgiving pilgrims that I bought up in Glen Arbor when we were there. Decorating the house always gets me in the holiday spirit.
It's been a big week for "change" - new president, and new Detroit Piston (which is more important - ha ha?). I was initially VERY disappointed to hear that both Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess were traded to Colorado (for Allen Iverson, just in case you've been living under a rock or have been in San Francisco for the last few days). However, I trust Joe Dumars, and from what I hear he wants to make room in the salary cap for LeBron James down the road. But, I'll miss "Mr. Big Shot", that's for sure. He and Dyess are both class acts. I wish them well.
Katie called me from her office this morning to let me know she had returned safe and sound from her San Francisco trip. She had a wonderful time, but didn't get home until midnight last night, so she's very tired. I told her to rest up tonight, because Scott and I will be going to Chicago tomorrow around noon, to stay for the weekend. Rachel and Dave were trying to think of some fun things for us to do, and we decided it would be fun to go to Shedd Aquarium on Saturday. They have some kind of a show about training animals, including dogs, and so that will be fun. http://www.sheddaquarium.org/new_at_shedd.html.
They also have an IMAX-type thing there, where when you go to view the movie, there are also sound effects, wind, smells, etc. Cool. http://www.sheddaquarium.org/4Dtheater.html
I'm looking forward to our family breakfast next Saturday, at 9:00am at the Biscuit. For those of you who need to know, it's located in Washington Square, right across the street from Pereddies. See you there!

4 comments:

Carol Sue said...

Nice blog Sis. I also have my little Thanksgiving figurine setting out that I got in Glen Arbor. She is a pilgrim with a cute string of seed pearls for a necklace.
The Shedd and IMAX look like great fun

Unknown said...

I'll have to check out the Shedd Aquarium site and will see if I can get tickets before you guys come. I had a feeling you would update your blog today since you're working from home :)

Unknown said...

WOW - Aunt Carol and I made a comment at the exact same time - crazy! Great minds do think alike :)

Carol Sue said...

My Rachel said it all...."Great minds think alike".....