Saturday, November 22, 2008

What? Thanksgiving Already?



Everybody wants to get into the act! My little buddies and I wish all our friends and loved ones near and far a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Scott and I tried a new restaurant last night called JoJo's Supper Club - It's in Douglas. We had driven down to Saugatuck to pick up my favorite dressing at the Butler Pantry - and by the way, Saugatuck was having their Christmas Open House and the little village looked absolutely lovely - Christmas lights everywhere, and balls of lights that seemed to be suspended from the trees and floating in the air. It was magical! I highly recommend that if you have a free evening it's nice to just drive through - kind of gives you a nostalgic feeling. Although I haven't mentioned this to Katie yet, I'm hoping that when she comes home for Christmas, we might take a carriage ride in Saugatuck this year. I read that it costs only $5 per person for a 15 minute ride. Anyway, we also decided to drive through Douglas - also very nice - there's something special about the little towns/villages that are decked out for Christmas. I love it! I digress. I had seen this JoJo's place online and we decided to give it a try. All in all, not super great, but like I told Scott, it's always fun to try new places! Actually, I did have a very nice curry carrot soup that was very good, but Scott was not overly impressed with his burger, which was served up on raisin bread! Gourmet, I guess? Oh, well...
Today we went to Sam's Club to stock up on some things before our current membership runs out next week. Got some good deals, and ran into Karen & Gary Collings and our neighbors from down the street there. I think by the time we chatted and got through all of the aisles, we were there for over 2 hours!
I've really enjoyed seeing all of the pics and reading the blogs from the rest of the family. Bren and Jen especially keep up with things so well, and always have entertaining tales to tell, and pics to show. And I'm proud of Carol and her work on her Etsy site! It looks great, and things are beginning to sell, too! Way to go, sis.
Some of you may have heard that Herman Miller will be letting go quite a few workers in the next few weeks. Although we feel pretty confident that Scott will keep his job, it's still a bit unnerving. All those who will be let go will know prior to the Christmas holiday, so that's good. The company has been very good about keeping everyone informed. They offered a "buyout" to whoever was interested, but we decided to wait it out and see what happens.
Can't wait to have the kids and Ally home for Thanksgiving! They arrive on Wednesday, and will be staying until Sunday morning. You know what THAT means! Whoo Hoo! Friday morning shopping! There should really be some good deals this year. Hey, I was wondering - would any of you like to meet the girls and me for breakfast somewhere around 9:00am or so? Where would be a good place? It would be great to see you, since we'll be at the Hamberg side of the family for Thanksgiving this year. How about sharing your ideas either on your blogs or via email?

5 comments:

Carol Sue said...

Hey Sis,
Love your little friends on your blog. I agree with Scott that a burger served on raison bread sounds pitiful...what a combination. YUCK, anyway thanks for the kudos on my ETSY experience, it sure is fun to sell some stuff

Brenda Lee said...

I would love to meet up with you guys for breakfast. I am guessing you mean on friday morning right? Jen and I plan to meet at Denny's around 3:00am before we start shoppig. We will be ready for breakfast #2 by 9:00-9:30 for sure :)

Unknown said...

Wow - 3AM! I don't know if we'll be getting up that early :) I'm assuming we'll be starting around 5-6am (depending on when the stores start to open).
Check out the following site:
http://www.theblackfriday.com/
You can start looking at the ads a little bit ahead of time :)

Rachel Nykerk said...

Too late for me for breakfast, I have to work. So have fun, and get lots of deals .

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom, Carriage ride sounds like fun!
Brenda, you guys were always a little more ambitious then us! Don't know if I could do 3am!