Sunday, July 13, 2008

No Matter the Score, What a Fun Day!


Cute Tiger Fans Who Sat Next To Us!

Scott and I thoroughly enjoyed taking in the Tiger's game with Keith and Brenda yesterday! As Brenda says in her blog, we also stopped at Tiger Stadium on the way to Commerica Park, to take some pictures. After the success of his Wrigley Field print, Scott is planning on painting pictures of both ballparks. I must say, it was sad to see Tiger Stadium being torn down and looking so poorly, but it brought back memories of great games I've seen there. With Yankee Stadium being torn down after this year, looks like Fenway Park and Wrigley Field are two of the last old ballparks still around.....
We had great seats (thanks, Rachel, for finding them online for us!), along the 3rd baseline, 35 rows behind the Tiger dugout. A group of six guys from Connecticut sat in front of us - they were a lot of fun. Every year this group of guys goes to a different ballpark together, and this year it was Commerica Park. They each had $5-10 bucks (all dollar bills) that they bet on different plays ("I say 3-1 that this will be a double play", etc.) and I took my little $5 in bills and got in on the action, too. Ha Ha. It was fun, even though I lost my money in the end. One guy in the group (who wasn't playing) said, "just watch, by the end of the game everyone will end up with the same money they started with", and I think he was right.

The people next to us were fun, too. It was a couple who had three teenage girls who had dressed up as the ultimate Tiger fans - see picture above. They were really cute, and spent most of the time walking around the stadium.
PAWS, the Tiger mascot, spent a lot of time in our section, and for a time he was right behind us. After he patted Scott on the head, I took a couple of pictures.
I'm writing this blog after Sunday's game and I'm happy to say that finally the Tigers beat the Twins! What a struggle. I was glad to see that this time Todd Jones was able to finish the game and not blow the lead. Let's hope they get on a major roll after the All Star break.

Looking forward to this week, only two days to work, then we head up to Petoskey....

5 comments:

Brenda Lee said...

Glad they won at least 1 of the 4 games! Did you hear that Magglio is coming to town? Me, Keith, and Dan are going to watch him play with the White Caps tomorrow night. I'm excited to see him up close!

The Hambergulars said...

I heard, and good for you! Try and get an autograph!

Carol Sue said...

Sounds like a fun day you had....get that picture and autograph of MAGS, Brenda

Carol Sue said...

Jean...it is so funny that you in back of the guys betting on the plays of the game and that they go to a different stadium every time....how great is that. Too bad you lost money in the end, but how funny....the guy was probably right when he said, everyone winds up with the same amount of money.....I guess that means everybody but you. :( I am sure it was fun to bet on the plays regardless if you won or not. Looking at all the pictures from you and Bren's website, looks like your day was "TOP NOTCH" aside from the loss

Brenda Lee said...

AUNT JEAN, TIME TO UPDATE YOUR BLOG!! :)