Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Ally, the Christmas Dog! (See below for more shots.)

Answers to Brenda's Christmas Survey:

Favorite Christmas movie (cartoon or children's)? It's a Wonderful Life and White Christmas

When do you usually start Christmas shopping? The day after Thanksgiving
Favorite Christmas present? When I was a girl, my mom and dad gave me a baby doll one year. But not just a baby doll - a baby doll that had all handmade doll clothes and she came in a hinged case that my dad made for me. My eyes were as big as saucers. That baby doll is still in grandpa's attic. Also, when Rachel was a baby and I was working on our family tree, my Grandma Millard gave me a wonderful scrapbook (before scrapbooking was popular!) of pictures from her whole married life, of my mom and uncles growing up, etc., that included several pages in the back that she wrote all about her life. I'll always treasure that.
Real or artificial tree? Right now, artificial (I'm allergic to real) - but I loved having real up until a few years ago

Colored or white lights? White lights
Favorite Christmas memories? Going to my Grandpa & Grandma Millard's for Christmas dinner - Grandma would always have handmade placecards, there would be a great meal, and the men would do the dishes! At our house (when I was little), I remember making popcorn balls and all kinds of Christmas candy. Since our girls have been born, I have always loved their excitement about Christmas, even now - when they were little it was especially fun to watch them open their presents - their eyes would get real big, and they would say "this is just what i just wanted!" Now, I think my favorites are the Christmas Eve service and our traditional fondue meal on Christmas Eve, our special Christmas breakfast, opening the stockings, and Christmas morning at our house.

Favorite Christmas song? The First Noel
Do you like eggnog? Yes!
Peppermint candy canes or fruity ones? Peppermint
And Now, for some Christmas Cheer, please say hello to Ally the Christmas Dog!



4 comments:

Carol Sue said...

I watched the "Christmas Carol" last night since you said you could not believe I had never watched a Christmas story...It was good. I may watch some more. I loved your answers to Brenda's survey. I remember when you got that doll, and I also loved going to G/G Millard's on Christmas day. All those great handmade gifts we got from her. Sometimes 2 gifts wrapped together with ribbon. Ally looks totally fab

Brenda Lee said...

That big bow on Ally is too much! We were excited to get Dave and Rachel's Christmas card. See you soon...can't believe Christmas is less than a week away!!

Unknown said...

Yay Ally :) It took us a while to get a picture for the Christmas card because after we had take them, we realized that they needed to be a higher resolution :(

I'll miss everyone at the Nykerk Christmas this year - I hope you have fun.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Rachel Nykerk said...

The pictures of Ally are adorable ! Now if you want a money maker, print those into Christmas cards and sell them.