Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Happy Christmas Lunch.....


Macey just loves her little sister....


















Well, it was a complete pleasure having a Christmas lunch with Rachel, Bren, Jen, Mace & Kels at Alpen Rose today. Macey was darling, as usual, and it's so much fun to listen to her now, as she is talking all the time. Kels was a little bit leery of Aunt Jean at first, and who can blame her - who in the world is that woman who wants to hold and kiss her, anyway? I can see how much she's grown as she is now much more aware of which people are NOT her mom! But, afer a little bit, with Jen sitting nearby, she was all smiles.

Macey tells me that she has a blue house, and a blue bedroom. She noticed that I had brought along a small bag that happened to hold a little stuffed moose and a little stuffed cow. She saw a head peeking out and said "who is that peeking out of the bag?" Of course she soon found out!

We enjoyed our lunch very much and talked a bit about Christmas. We confirmed that we'll be having bingo as usual, but also decided to add Pictionary to our game list this year. (Bren - I think you said you'd check on a paper & stand for the game at your office? If not, just let me know and I'll bring home a flipchart stand and paper from mine. Thanks.)

It was a very stressful day (outside of the nice lunch we had), until I found out aroudn 3:00pm that Scott has KEPT his job at Herman Miller, and so we can breathe a sigh of relief again, at least for now. Haworth just announced yesterday that they are closing down their entire Allegan plant and all told 350 people will lose jobs - I think I'm alright for now, too, but I feel a lot better knowing that Scott has kept HIS job at least. Whew!

Here's a fun idea for our family Christmas party that I'm totally stealing from Brenda and Keith (if you don't feel like participating, no biggie, but could be fun.) I love the idea of wearing the ugliest Christmas sweater you can find - it could be hilarious to see what we all come up with - from the thrift store or an old person's closet - although it will be hard to top Keith's getup. So, if you're so inclined let's have an "ugliest sweater" party! Of course pictures will be taken, and maybe even prizes awarded, who knows?

I'll get back with everyone soon about our menu - still thinking about that....

Enjoy all of the pictures from today. We had a very good time!

3 comments:

Carol Sue said...

WAY TO GO SCOTT..... It is that special skill set you have that cannot be replaced...I am so happy and was getting alarmed when I did not hear anything in the am. Great pictures, wish I could have been there

Rachel Nykerk said...

We did have a great Christmas lunch. Even better after hearing Scott kept his job. Jean, could we make the party the ugliest Christmas sweater or sweatshirt, most of the boys have sweatshirts .

Unknown said...

I will be so bummed to miss Pictionary - I think that is a great idea. You will have to do it again next year when Dave and I can be part of the action.