Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!



























Happy New Year to loved ones and friends near and far! I have been so far behind on the blog lately that I won't even attempt to catch up with the news, other than to say that we all enjoyed the holidays very much; we celebrated with Dave & Rachel before they left for Colorado and then attended the Hamberg Christmas party, we had a great (and somewhat painful - ha ha) family sledding party, Carol surprised us by coming to town, Rachel and David returned safely back from their fun trip to Colorado, where they enjoyed a relaxing Christmas with Mom and Dad Schwartz (Alec and Joanne), the girls and I had our annual after-Christmas shopping spree in Chicago (see our goofy video below), and we enjoyed seeing some friends and family at Jim and Rachel's last night (New Year's Eve). I've really enjoyed being home for almost two weeks; will return to work next Monday. We send good wishes to Brenda for her surgery tomorrow - all will go well, I'm sure!
(Sorry, these pictures and video are sort of mixed up and backwards from when they happened, but I'm not able to figure out how to move text around after adding pictures, without moving all of the pictures instead. Won't cut and paste my text - anyone know?).....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kate and I were wondering when you were going to update your blog :) We're sitting at my place right now checking it out. I had a feeling the video would make it to the blog. Hope you had a fun time last night!

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! We used to have Kahunaville at Rivertown Crossings is that like the Rainforest Cafe in Chicago?

The Hambergulars said...

Hi Lana! It was great meeting you last night - hope to see you again sometime - maybe at Body Perfections! (Katie - Lana gives massages - maybe we could go there for my Christmas present!)

The Hambergulars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lana Mae Kamer said...

Hey, Jean~I just click on my pictures and drag them around where I want them instead of moving the text. Also, you can embed slideshows easily into your posts and put comments with the photos so that cuts down on the text you need to use. I think all us bloggers should get together for a fun social evening or afternoon sometime soon and swap blog tricks and ideas for posts, etc. How about that?? I bet it'd be fun!!! Let's organize, mobilize, and immortalize...do you think I should run for office? LOL! Seriously, anytime you want to talk blog~call or email. I'm up for it!