Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"The Craft Extravaganza" and More.....


Carol in front of Zingerman's Deli - our trip to Ann Arbor


The "Craft Extravaganza" - don't worry, you can all join in on the fun when we go up north!


Well, it's been quite some time since I've posted to the blog, but with sister Carol in town, I've been extra busy! We've really enjoyed spending time together - going to Colon to visit Jen and the girls, then to Ann Arbor one day, and of course the big "craft extravaganza" that took place for a full 2-1/2 days at my house over the weekend! We were crafting fools - Carol spent most of her time working on "altered art" objects - things that can be hung on the wall, journals, etc. I made mostly gift tags, journals and jewelry - charm bracelets and necklaces. What fun! Brenda joined us for awhile on Saturday, which of course we enjoyed immensely. She has got the crafting thing down pat, and left the house with some adorable magnets that she made. (Bren - I'll take the journal you made with me up north.) Don't have any pictures to show you at the moment, other than one of the three of us working at the table (above). As Carol would say, "suffice to say" the days flew by, and even Scott helped out by cutting up matboard and helping us drill holes in scrabble tiles. He is quite the artist himself, of course. Hey, Carol - did you know there are two kinds of art?......inside joke....)

Well, I'll bring some supplies and samples of what we made up north - that way, anyone who wants to can work on some simple crafts during our vacation, too. Can't wait - Rachel N., Carol and I will be leaving tomorrow morning - we'll get the cottage all set up and ready for when the rest of you arrive! See you soon - we will have great fun, I'm sure! (Little Kels, please get better soon, doodlebug!)

1 comment:

Carol Sue said...

girl....we had it going on didn't we? I sure hope Kels gets better quick. Great grandpa can't wait to see those 2 gals