Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Can't Wait Til Brenda Gets Back On-Line!


These journals are kind of like one of the things that we'll be making at the "Craft Extravaganza" - cool, huh? I know, it's pretty exciting (at least for Carol and me, ha ha!)....

I don't know about the rest of you, but I really miss Brenda's blogs! (She has not been able to access the internet since last week - thanks, Comcast!) Hopefully she'll get back online soon, because that girl keeps all of us clued in on what's happening - I think Comcast is supposed to get to K/B's house today to correct the problem.

Well, I can't wait for the weekend - CAROL'S COMING! First, our kids come home (yay!) on Friday night to attend Megan's wedding on Saturday. Then, on Sunday we drive back to Chicago, where Carol will already be waiting. We girls will attend the Renegade Craft Fair Sunday afternoon and evening, and Carol & I will be staying overnight. She and I will then return to Michigan on Monday (after checking out Crate & Barrel, Dick Blik and the Paper Source first of course!). We have a few more supplies to pick up for the "craft extravaganza" that will be taking place on Pine Drive throughout the next month or so. To whet your appetites, here are a few of the things we'll be making (hope you can join us for part of the time)!

1. Halloween tags and other goodies
2. Charm bracelets
3. Necklaces made from scrabble tiles and bamboo tiles
4. Journals
5. Collage and altered art
6. Much more.....
I know, pretty amazing (ha ha). We figure we've spent about 20 hours on the phone over the last two weeks figuring things out and finding sites on etsy.com to order supplies from. What a blast. I'm going to try to sell some of the things we make at our booth when Scott and I have one more art fair to attend in October. Other stuff we'll sell on Etsy and other stuff will be just for fun.


Katie went to a really fun event over the weekend in Chicago. It's held throughout the country and it's called "Flutag." She told me that different teams of people try out for this - they make these wild flying contraptions and then see who can fly the farthest - Katie's boss Chris was on one of the teams - their flying machine looked like a pizza - and they actually flew over 100 feet! See below for a crazy "duck" that took a nosedive into Lake Michigan (like I guess most of the machines did). Too fun!

Keep going - Katie sent me some pictures of her boss' team and their pizza contraption!



4 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

Sorry to learn about Brenda's internet being out.

I work for Comcast and I can reach out to my contacts to make sure the problem is corrected. Please tell Brenda to contact me if she needs extra help on her service.

Thanks for sharing this post. Cool crafts!

Mark C.
Comcast Corp.
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Carol Sue said...

GREAT post Sis....I have to update my blog, but no way I can compete with yours and all the grand pictures. Our craft days are going to be a "BLAST", along with all the other fun things we have planned, Colon, cottage up north, etc.
Flutag was in Portland 2 weekends ago and also a HUGE hit here. Katie's boss's team with thier flying Pizza did GREAT. No one in Portland went further than 30 feet and I think you told me his team went 100 feet. WOW

Brenda Lee said...

Thank you Mark C. for caring. I am happy to report that things are up and running again. (how in the world did you find my Aunt Jean's blog??)Anyway, i can not wait for Aunt Carol to get here! We will have so much fun like always. I'm looking forward to the crafts, cottage, and Colon! :)

Rachel Nykerk said...

what a fun time, I would love to see Flutag some time either in Chicago or Portland. Lets plan another trip. The craft ideas look great.