Sunday, April 5, 2009

Family Breakfast/NCAA Tournament - Go Brenda!




OK, how about our NCAA basketball guru Brenda? If I'm reading the tallies correctly, she is the only one who predicted that the finals would come down to UNC and MSU. Way to go! Even though I know basically nothing about college basketball (could you guess?) I'm pretty proud of myself to have selected MSU as one of the finalists (of course that had nothing to do with my knowledge, only that I'm rooting for our home-grown boys to win)! Anyway, for tomorrow night - Go State!

On the homefront, yesterday morning many of the Nykerks got up bright and early to enjoy another breakfast at DeBoer's Bakery. I love this new family tradition - it gives us a chance to catch up, and we always have a great time!

Looking forward to next weekend, when Rachel, Katie and Ally will be home for Easter. We'll miss Dave, who has to "make hay while the sun shines" working on their deck (which was torn up due to the leaks in their roof). Rachel and Katie may be staying until Monday, and with that being the Home Opener for the Cubs, he is also hoping to get to the game with some last-minute tickets. I CAN'T WAIT for the season to start tomorrow! Even though it still feels like winter around here on some days, Tiger baseball always signals spring in my mind. And speaking of the Tigers, I was sad to hear that legendary broadcaster George Kell passed away last week. What great memories of George and Al on TV (and of course Ernie and Paul in the radio booth)....

1 comment:

Carol Sue said...

I am still stuck in the NBA hoping Portland wins today to get into the playoffs for the first time in about a million years.
Great tradition with the family breakfast....