Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter AND a Birthday? Lots to Celebrate This Weekend....


"Hello, gorgeous!"


There's nothing like celebrating family traditions....


Fun at Aunt Jean's house - that Easter Bunny was BUSY this year!


"Bumpa helped me find some bubbles!"


Kels working hard for those eggs!


Even Rachel got into the act - Ally helped her find one of her favorites - Peeps!

Ready for church....


A good time was had by all....


"My baby is HOW old? (29.....)

"Happy Birthday, Rachel!"


Watching the Tigers when they were still down 0-4. Everyone had left by the time they rallied with 6 runs in the bottom of the 8th - hope they saw the ending!

And, another shot of our sweet Rachel.

What a great Easter Sunday, lots of sun and fairly warm weather this weekend, and we were delighted to have our darling Rachel home to celebrate the holiday as well as her birthday! Of course we missed our other dear ones, Katie (in L.A. for training) and David (in Chicago working on the deck and also at his job, so he could go to the Cubs Opener today - how did that turn out?..I forgot to check...

Anyway, I took Friday afternoon off, and Rachel and I enjoyed a bit of shopping in downtown Holland. Then we picked up Scott and headed to Pereddie's in Washington Square for a very nice dinner. They have great Italian food, although I stuck with salmon - Medifast diet you know. I must confess I cheated on my diet a bit this weekend, though. I had a taste or two of a great appetizer that Rachel ordered - baked brie and crackers - and then, I even had a piece of birthday cake when we celebrated Rachel's birthday at our house on Sunday. We so enjoyed seeing everyone at church (and also at our house for the egg hunt the day before). I thought it was an especially nice service. The Halleluia Chorus always makes me cry a little bit. I always think of mom on Easter - it was four years ago on Easter Sunday that we took her to the hospital, never to return home again. Like Rachel N., says in her blog, what a blessing to know our loved ones wait for us in heaven!
As you can see, Rachel got a rockin' cute haircut and highlights at Panopoulos Salon on Saturday! In my opinion, it's her cutest cut ever (although she always looks beautiful - oh, mom!)....having her home added so much to our weekend. She is such a dear. We enojoyed having our dad and mom & dad Hamberg over for Easter dinner and Rachel's birthday celebration, too. Rachel helped me make several yummy Easter dishes (if I do say so myself). We had a brown sugar glazed ham, and made a potato casserole and a spicy corn dish that seemed to be a hit. The chocolate mousse cake from Alpen Rose was delicious, too. I have never had a bad cake from there. Of course that reminds me of the wedding, too - it's been almost a year already since that happy day!

Seeing Mace and Kels of course is always a highlight, and being surrounded by others of our dear family this weekend made me realize again how lucky we are to have each other. To top off the weekend, I talked on the phone with Katie and Carol. I'm one lucky gal. Love you all!

P.S. Scott and I leave for Charleston and Savannah early Friday morning. We'll be gone until the 26th, but will take our laptop and of course our cell phones with us. Call us any time if you need to - 616-405-1487 (me)....

2 comments:

Carol Sue said...

Fun blog with lots of new pictures. I really had a treat the last few days, one from Brenda, Jenny, Rachel and now Jean
SUPER CUTE hair cut Rachel. Meal sounds great.I know it was great fun having Macey and Kelsey over, nice that Bumpa stopped by also.Rumor has it he outdid himself with a hunt on Sunday. Good going Bill.
This is most likely the last post here until you get to Savana, but make sure you send one from there. On a side note, I cannot sleep again tonight, this darn knee is just too sore to lay in any position. I think I might call the Doctor tomorrow. I have to be in TIP TIP shape when Rachel comes to see me in 13 days!!!

Rachel Nykerk said...

Darling haircut on Rachel ! Really nice pictures. It was a nice holiday weekend, the weather especially. Have a great vacation if I don't see or talk to you before you go !