Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend: Art in the Park = Good; Tigers = Bad



All in all, it was a lovely weekend. Picture-perfect weather for Art in the Park, and as usual, it was fun to be there and visit with lots of people that we don't often see. Sales were also pretty good, especially considering the economy. Many people ask us if we have a website, and I have to confess, "my bad" (that's the current lingo, right?), in that I haven't gotten around to doing that yet (I promised Scott I would). We want to be able to post new artwork and let people know about shows we're doing, etc. We also may eventually try to sell online, or maybe put a link in our site to http://www.etsy.com/, the site where tons of people sell their homemade wares online. You can set up a site there for free. I think Carol is thinking of selling some of her crafts on etsy.com, too - right, sis?

Rachel and Katie made a "pitstop" at home late Saturday night. They had been in Kazoo for a bachelorette party, and then had a bridal shower in Zeeland on Sunday, so they spent the night at our house. It's always so great to see them! Rachel N. was nice enough to drop Dad off at our house after church (we had "skipped" to spend some time with the girls in the am), and so he had blueberry pancakes with us and was able to see the girls for a little bit before they had to leave.

I'm already looking forward to Carol's visit! She will be arriving in Chicago on Saturday, Sept. 13 and will spend the night in Katie's new apartment. The kids will all be Holland that day for my niece Megan's wedding. We'll drive back to Chicago (I'll take my own car) and then I'll spend a day or two in Chicago with Carol prior to driving back to Holland. We'll be attending the "Renegade Handmade Craft Fair" on Sunday, located right around the corner from Dave and Rachel's condo. http://www.renegadecraft.com/# Carol will be staying for about a month, so that ROCKS!

Do I REALLY need to say anything about the Tigers? I think not.

6 comments:

Brenda Lee said...

Aunt Jean the game yesterday was embaressing. That Rodney is just as bad as Jones! Thank goodness they had the day of today to regroup. That picture of the blueberry pancakes looks like it was taken from the pages of the Martha Stewart Living magazine! Keith and I will actually be in Chicago the weekend of 9/13 as well watching the Tiger and White Sox. Sure hope they they get their act together by then... :)

The Hambergulars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hambergulars said...

Brenda Lee! Can you stay over for an extra night (even if Keith wants to go back home)? You could ride back to Holland with Aunt Carol and me on Monday. That way, all us girls could go to the craft show together on Sunday afternoon/evening (it lasts until 10pm). I'm hoping that Rachel and Katie will want to go, too! (We'll be staying with Katie and/or Dave & Rachel.)

Carol Sue said...

I wonder who deleted thier message???/odd, anyway, I agree, Martha has to contact you for your elegant photo of your pancakes!!!
Brenda, you must stay in Chicago and come back on Monday with Jean and I, that would be so much fun.
Tigers.....mmmmmmmmmmmm

The Hambergulars said...

You guys give me WAY to much credit! I got the pic of the pancakes off of the internet - but I do appreciate the fact that you think I'm such a great food stylist! Ha Ha.

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat money making[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or little-understood avenues to generate an income online.